ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Admiration & Envy.

I know this has already been discussed on mulitple threads in the past, but just thought I'd share some of my experiences as a new Z4 owner.

My 3 week old Z4 coupe has gotten many stares, 2nd glimpses, and compliments.

I have had numerous people wave, smile, give me a thumbs up as well as have had people pull up next to me at red lights and start shouting to me about how beautiful the car is and how they would love to own one.

Boy it sure does feel good!

Of course, at the same time you have people who see it and turn into jacka**es. They tailgate, try to zip by you, or cut you off.... but I must admit I kind of like it cause when the road opens up and the speed limit increases... I give it just a little bit more gas and then look in my rearview mirror and send them a long distance goodbye! Plus, knowing all the time that I haven't even pushed the car anywhere close to it's limits sends a pleasent chill up my spine!!!!

And I drive a 3.0si... I bet it feels even better when your in an M and you don't even see those suckers anymore in your rearview at all!!!

Once again... boy it sure does feel good!

Our cars :rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

I've gotten a handful of compliments, a few thumbs ups, and some rubberneckers, but not as many as I would have expected for a flashy colour like mine. I'm glad, though... since I don't really know how to react to those people.

One time I was @ a gas station and an elderly man came up and took a look inside the car (through the window). Freaked my wife out.

I find that I get a lot more looks from BMW owners vs. non-BMW owners. They're probably more in-the-know about the Coupé.

Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-24-2007 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

very nice, i have yet to have an encounter.

any mods planned?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Everyone seems to be struck by the looks of the Z4 Coupe. I know I was one I first saw it. I was totally ready buy an M3...but production had stopped and the military sales dealer in Europe didn't have any in stock. SO...I was like great. We went back a few weeks later and there it was...I was like BOB (my sales guys name) what the hell is that?!?!?!? It was a Black Saphire 3.0si Coupe with Imola red interior and ///M seats. (Now where have I seen that color combo before...)

Anyway...I instantly fell in love and when I found out about the ///M model I was sold.

I've gotten the mix of compliments, jack asses, and curiosity over the car. Pretty much every time I fill it up I get people who want to know more about it or check it out.

It's a great car...and I hope the production doesn't last that much longer. The fewer the better in my book. That way the value of the car stays strong.

I friggin love this thing.

I still need to find a track...I'm thinking when I move up to Boston...I'll definately have to hit up Louden, NH's road track.

Anyway...cheers!!!

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
AlterEgo
25 star General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe

I had a young guy in a 4x4 hang out his window and give me the thumbs up. I gave him the thumbs up right back along with a nod and a wink.

I too have found some drivers go nuts when they come up behind me. They take an agressive stance accelerating and decelerating behind me. They weave a little side to side and sometimes they pass quickly and cut in sharply.

Many other drivers linger off the rear quarter and along side. Mostly I just take a glimpse of them (to see if she's cute), then I just get on with the business of driving.
Professional SatNav; Heated/Folding/Auto Dimming Mirrors; Rear Park Distance Control; Heated Electric ///M Sports Seats with Memory; Bi-Xenon Headlamps; 18" 202 Ellipsoid Rims; Brushed Aluminium Trim; Black/Blue Individual Leather; Window Tint; Carver Audio; Paint Protection; Floor Mats; Storage; 6 Speed Automatic with Paddles; OziCozi
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
zednik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

BMWs tend to bring out the worst in many urban drivers. A fair number of people on the roads simply dislike Bimmers and their owners. Envy?......maybe but I have to say here in Southern California some of the rudest and most aggressive drivers are in BMWs.

I encounter a fair amount of hostile behavior from other drivers and the stigma of BMW is something you have to live with. I don't get it, I don't like it, but it's there and unlikely to change.

:mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

My favorite was the mini van with the teenaged girl in the back taking pics as I passed. I waved and smiled for it. Then when I was exiting the freeway, they honked and waved as they went by.
      06-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

I have encountered very few people who ever even seen something like the Z4 Coupe before, so the reactions are typically slack jawed awe. Kinda nice on the one hand, but also a little unnerving to realize that you will never blend into the crowd with one of these suckers.

One of the really nice features to my old Audi 4.2l S4 Avant was that it had all of the outward appearance of a simple silver German station wagon and at least when I first got it no one had a clue what was lurking under the hood until you punched the throttle.
      06-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

The best for me is when some chick in the passenger seat of a shitty mustang was taking pics of my car. It was pretty funny/obvious. She was making him stop behind me at lights and creep forward so she could get it from all angles. It was funny

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
TITANIU///M3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I got the same looks and thumbs up when I went for a test drive. I can't wait til I finally own one.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Everyone seems to be struck by the looks of the Z4 Coupe.
I agree... I think the coupes are relatively new and since there are so few on the road people can't help but notice!

There are a few Z3's and Z4 roadster's around here, but I have never seen a coupe, other then mine. I know the Z3's and Z4 roadster's grab their share of attention, but my coupe is probably more unfamillliar to other drivers.

I agree... I also hope they stop producing the coupes for the same reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
very nice, i have yet to have an encounter.

any mods planned?
Only gotten the stubby antenna so far. Probably the next thing would be the wheels... I have been experiencing the tram-lining everyone keeps talking about. Will have to wait a while though... got to replenish the "car fund" and convince the wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
The best for me is when some chick in the passenger seat of a shitty mustang was taking pics of my car. It was pretty funny/obvious. She was making him stop behind me at lights and creep forward so she could get it from all angles. It was funny
Yup, all those gal's driving around in their boyfriends mustangs always stare!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #12
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

"Nice car!"

I hear that one pretty frequently.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #13
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

I've gotten the "That's a nice M3!" and "Dude, is that an M6?" And all I can say is "Yup," because it would take too long to explain it to them that "My car's actually a Z--four--em-koop."