BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Gents,

Car was broken into today at Ellis Brook reserve( took the pup for a hike on a day off to keep me sane!).
Given that it is a minimum 35min loop, and there is one road in and out I suspect the thief sits in the first car park and waits for a target, they then raid the car while you are up the top. One of them keeps watch whilst you are coming back down (easy vis of both paths), whilst the does the break in and then ducks off if interrupted, or they both take off when complete.

We ran most of the loop and popped out down a drop off as my pup was loosing her shit trying to get back(not bad for a puppy!). I thought she just wanted water but she was sussing out what happened. The guy then moved his car and I snapped his reg. he then approached us at which point my dog got aggressive as I had already put her on the scent.(6000years of breeding ftw).

All in all, I'm out a few k, and can only warn you guys. Cops won't do a thing even with the information provided.

If anyone hears of an iPad 3(bricked or jail broken, ran two diff remote wipes lol), with Ryan. M. C(xxxx, name removed), and the priceless items that were in the vehicle, reward is available.

-R
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Btw, they stole my fkn logbooks!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

That's messed up man!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
alvchua
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 458 Speciale; E24 M635CSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Gents,

All in all, I'm out a few k, and can only warn you guys. Cops won't do a thing even with the information provided.

-R
Sorry to hear that but WTF - cops are being handed info on a platter and not doing a thing? Perhaps let it go viral - post on facebook and post on a local group/newspaper FB page with lots of members and the users will let it go viral and surely someone knows of this person!

Hope u get ur logbooks etc back!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvchua View Post
Sorry to hear that but WTF - cops are being handed info on a platter and not doing a thing? Perhaps let it go viral - post on facebook and post on a local group/newspaper FB page with lots of members and the users will let it go viral and surely someone knows of this person!

Hope u get ur logbooks etc back!
+1!

But in the case the logbooks have already been sold off, BMW Aus can reissue you one and restamp the services you've done with them.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

That really sucks, worse is that there doesn't seem like you could have done anything to prevent it either. Sorry to hear this buddy, there are some kunt2 out there.

Wtf with the log books? Why? What do you do with them? Did you have the spare service key in it? Strange.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92
That really sucks, worse is that there doesn't seem like you could have done anything to prevent it either. Sorry to hear this buddy, there are some kunt2 out there.

Wtf with the log books? Why? What do you do with them? Did you have the spare service key in it? Strange.
Nup, neither of the keys were in it.
Define service key, got me worried now. oh, and it was just all the manuals etc in the wallet

If my shiba was an Akita I would have let the leash go(better off leash) and probably come across a bloody body(protective fuckers).
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Be careful about posting someone's rego and calling them a thief. You may know that they are the thieves but unless you have incontravertable proof you are exposing yourself to libel.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz
Be careful about posting someone's rego and calling them a thief. You may know that they are the thieves but unless you have incontravertable proof you are exposing yourself to libel.
Even when I left a digit out?
Appreciate 0