BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
h3opama
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Idrive problem - please help!

I recently replaced a burnt out angel eye bulb with another. However, after the replacement, I noticed that I started having problems with my idrive. Upon start up, my idrive would load the bmw logo, restart, and repeat this same process. Sometimes this goes on for a few seconds before I get into the main menu and sometimes it takes a good 30 minutes. After it loads however, the idrive works just fine.

Is my idrive/ccc broken? Is it possible that I nudged a wire linking to the idrive upon installing the angel eye (it was the driver side one if that helps)? Is my battery dying?

I also recently brought my car in for some maintenance (brake bads and flush) - would this be relevant?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Snowball
monokuro boo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i AW

this is also happening to me and i have had the problem since the day that happened with my HIDs.... it did not happen often at first and about 6 months later or so (now) it had happened at least 3 times every day while driving and there is a noticeable change in the car while I drive. very subtle though. Trying to get the software update first then if that doesn't work I'll recheck wires but may have to replace the ccc.... $1500 or so I was told. UGH not happy... thought it might be the alternator or battery but I am just not positive.. let me know what you find!