BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

DP Install in NOVA

Hey guys,

I figured I'd ask up here to see if anyone knows of a shop that would be willing to install my Cat-less DP's for less than an arm and a leg? I would do the install myself but I just don't have the time. Any feedback would be helpful.
      04-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

You might try giving RRT racing a call.
      04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Who is RRT and are they in NOVA? ...I see you're in AZ, that's why I ask.
      04-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
Who is RRT and are they in NOVA? ...I see you're in AZ, that's why I ask.
Road Race Technologies IIRC, it's a good shop but it is not cheap at all. If you're willing to drive a bit (NoVa could mean a lot of area) just go see Adam/Clem on e90post. Hell take care of the downpipes for a very reasonable price, and there are dozens of area members here who will vouch for his work, myself included. He's pretty awesome on N54s.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Road Race Technologies IIRC, it's a good shop but it is not cheap at all. If you're willing to drive a bit (NoVa could mean a lot of area) just go see Adam/Clem on e90post. Hell take care of the downpipes for a very reasonable price, and there are dozens of area members here who will vouch for his work, myself included. He's pretty awesome on N54s.
You're right about not being cheap at all. I just got off the phone with them and they quoted me 6-700 bucks. SMH I can just take a day off from work and rent out a bay on the local base and save about $600 on installation. Is Adam on 1 addicts? I don't have an account on e90.
      04-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

Join BimmerAlliance on FB and find him through there.

What tune are you running?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're right about not being cheap at all. I just got off the phone with them and they quoted me 6-700 bucks. SMH I can just take a day off from work and rent out a bay on the local base and save about $600 on installation. Is Adam on 1 addicts? I don't have an account on e90.
Your account is for the entire website, you should be able to view/post/pm on e90post just fine. It's not hard to get in touch with him, let me know if you need some help.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, sweet, I just sent my request to the group.
      04-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Your account is for the entire website, you should be able to view/post/pm on e90post just fine. It's not hard to get in touch with him, let me know if you need some help.
Thanks bro...
      04-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
Bodie217
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '14 WRX, '14 Sequoia

Call Justin at Undisputed Autosports in Sterling/Ashburn. He did my catless DP's in less than 3 hours on my old 335i for a very reasonable price.
-2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Procede v3/ETS 5" IC/AR Catless DP>N54mid>Berk Race/BMS OCC/VRSF Turbo Inlets & CP/SP rotors/Pagid RS29/APEX ARC8/Ohlins DFV/M3 Full Suspension and Bushings/Wavetrac LSD // 395rwhp/469rwtq on 91oct
-2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Overlander
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
runnin9z
Private
Rep
Drives: Tl

Ptuning in Manassases always does good work.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
brusk
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Infinite Speed and Performance in beltsville used to do good work, I haven't been there since Jamie left and started xceptionalauto in Fredericksburg though. Not to many decent shops around anymore.
      04-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin9z View Post
Ptuning in Manassases always does good work.
have heard good things about them. AT Speed changed my injector out because I had a misfire, pricey, but they get the job done (also quoted me about $600 for DPs).

Don't know how far you are willing to go but...

There is also induktion
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
runnin9z
Private
Rep
Drives: Tl

Curry's auto also does great work, they are a big european repair shop but do custom/aftermarket work as well. They have a dyno in their sterling location also if you are interested in doing some pulls.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
Bodie217
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '14 WRX, '14 Sequoia

Also Funktion Auto in Ashburn, they specialize in European cars. http://funktionauto.com/
Ask for Jared
-2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Procede v3/ETS 5" IC/AR Catless DP>N54mid>Berk Race/BMS OCC/VRSF Turbo Inlets & CP/SP rotors/Pagid RS29/APEX ARC8/Ohlins DFV/M3 Full Suspension and Bushings/Wavetrac LSD // 395rwhp/469rwtq on 91oct
-2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Overlander
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm more than familiar with Ptuning; they helped my build my Pro Charged 350Z a couple of years back. I took 135Pats advice and went and reached out to Adam; he responded in less then 4 hours (this happened yesterday) and was able to fit me in this morning. I drove out to his place in MD and he was done with the install in less than 2 hours. His shop was amazing plus he was easy to deal with. I'm not going to get into the details on pricing but I will say that, in order for any shop to come close to his price they were going to have to do some division; and I mean by three or more. So with that being said; Adam is my first recommendation if anybody needs some work done.
I'll also be opening another thread shortly on the eBay DP's that I used ;-)
      04-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm more than familiar with Ptuning; they helped my build my Pro Charged 350Z a couple of years back. I took 135Pats advice and went and reached out to Adam; he responded in less then 4 hours (this happened yesterday) and was able to fit me in this morning. I drove out to his place in MD and he was done with the install in less than 2 hours. His shop was amazing plus he was easy to deal with. I'm not going to get into the details on pricing but I will say that, in order for any shop to come close to his price they were going to have to do some division; and I mean by three or more. So with that being said; Adam is my first recommendation if anybody needs some work done.

+1 on pricing. Funktion built my mk6 GTI so I have a good repour with them. Adam is first on my list for installation because of his knowledge of the n54 platform and pricing. Almost too good to be true. I always paid top dollar for labor with my GTI, makes me feel good that I have somewhat of a reprieve with my 1er. Curious as to what brand the e bay pipes are? I picked up 2.5" dps from Megan racing because I plan on sticking with my stock turbos.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

^ +1 Had the same problem with my G35... all I can say is I'm glad I met Adam. I dont know what brand the eBay pipes are but for 300 bucks they are freaking awesome.
      04-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
^ +1 Had the same problem with my G35... all I can say is I'm glad I met Adam. I dont know what brand the eBay pipes are but for 300 bucks they are freaking awesome.
2.5" or 3"? How far is his shop from say, Ballston?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #20
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmaiuri View Post
2.5" or 3"? How far is his shop from say, Ballston?
3" all the way accept for the last 2 inches of the pipe. Adam is near Ft. Meade
      04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Told ya! He's such a solid guy, and his pricing is extremely reasonable. I can't really think of anything I wouldn't trust him 100% on with my car. Happy to hear everything went smoothly. He also has some sweet roads in his neck of the woods, so that doesn't suck.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yea, he's spot on. I'll be reaching back out to him soon about because I think I'm hearing the DP's hit the frame. There might not be anything that he can do about it due to the face that the DP's are cheap and just might have bad fitment.