BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
telkinsjr
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

(Help) Found mixed injectors, a #9, 2 #11s, and 2 #13s

So,

Bought the car (08 135i, 6mt, msport) from a Chevy dealer in March. I knew it had exhaust and an intake . . . didn't know enough at the time to check for a tuner . . . found later that it has a Procede Rev 3 and downpipes.

No problems at first but started throwing the SES light and running rough after a week. Luckily I had a limited powertrain warranty. The guys at the dealership lived up to their word and tried to fix it best they could. They replaced two injectors and the HPFP.

Ran fine for a while, then the problems came back (I think it may be heat related . . . Summer). I studied the forums religiously and found some info then contacted Vishu. They have been nothing short of awesome in helping me figure out how to read codes and get to the root of the problem.

Found a few things and have the parts ordered and will replace when they come in. O2 sensors were repeatedly throwing a code and are being replaced. The low pressure fuel sensor is also throwing a code and is ordered.

While researching found the injector recall and all associated with it. Here's where I found a problem and need help.

The dealership replaced two injectors. When I opened the cover and checked the numbers on the injectors I found 3 #13 injectors, 2 #11 injectors and 1 #9 injector. This makes me think work was done on it before the Chevy dealership took it as a trade in and the car has been running quite a while on mixed injectors, 3 #13s and 3 #9 injectors.

Here's my question, can I just replace the #9 injector or should I replace the other so all are the same #13 part number?

Luckily my 89 635 is running strong and I am driving it while I sort this out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I knew there would be some problems with buying a 60,000 mile N54 so I am not entirely pissed. I just want the car sorted so I can enjoy everything great you all write about these cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
telkinsjr
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Im an idiot. I was looking at the wrong part of the number.

Here's what I actually have.

3 injectors with part no 261-09
2 injectors with part no 261-11
1 injector with part no 138-07

Hope this clears it up a little
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Is there an open recall for your injectors? Your dealer should have checked for that. They basically scan the bar code on EACH injector and if they are of teh older design... they will get replaced one by one. Its kind of rare that all of your injectors will get replaced though.

You could also replace your "other" injectors... but new ones require "coding" to work properly.

Good Luck. Perhaps this pdf will help you out...
Appreciate 0