ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

Covercraft windshield sun-shade cover

I bought the Covercraft windshield cover about a month ago. It's been awesome and I really like it. It really makes a huge difference keeping the interior cooler, especially now that I have ceramic tint on my side windows. Fitment is perfect.

It's made by the same manufacturer that makes BMW OEM windshield covers. I actually bought the BMW OEM cover at first, but hated the HUGE "BMW" letterings so I ended up returning it. The Covercraft & OEM are exactly the same, with the exception that the OEM has black felted cloth on the edges, while the Covercraft one uses gray felted cloth. You'd want gray over black anyway.

Got mine for about $45 shipped with the optional storage bag, with a coupon code that they post on their site from time to time.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP20 View Post
I bought the Covercraft windshield cover about a month ago. It's been awesome and I really like it. It really makes a huge difference keeping the interior cooler, especially now that I have ceramic tint on my side windows. Fitment is perfect.

It's made by the same manufacturer that makes BMW OEM windshield covers. I actually bought the BMW OEM cover at first, but hated the HUGE "BMW" letterings so I ended up returning it. The Covercraft & OEM are exactly the same, with the exception that the OEM has black felted cloth on the edges, while the Covercraft one uses gray felted cloth. You'd want gray over black anyway.

Got mine for about $45 shipped with the optional storage bag, with a coupon code that they post on their site from time to time.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx

Been looking for one that fits perfect. Thanks man

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
TCZ4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Convertible

Anyone think there is a point for a roadster to have this? The sun bakes the cars interior in Southern California though.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
mtrhed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 AW Z4MR/w211 e63 AMG/325XiT

I have the BMW one (same but has BMW logo) and it does help in my Roadster on the very rare occasions it is ever "parked" outside. It is pretty thick and insulates/blocks sun very well.
Anthracite Apex EC-7 9F/9.5R, 245/275 Super Sport's, 17" Kosei K1 255/40r17 Direzza II, SS Lines, Pagid RS29, Ate SuperBlue, VT Comp. MM's, RE trans. mounts, AST 4150, Swift springs, Vorschlag camber plates, RE RSM, H&R swaybars, spherical rtabs, SuperFlex poly fcabs, StrongStrut Braces, Euro Headers, Stromung exhaust, ESS Tune, Eventuri intake
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I've had one of these for my Z4MC for years. When I went to buy one for my E46 I forgot where I found the generic one and wound up with the "genuine" BMW version with the stupid huge lettering. This one costs less and looks much better. Here in Phx, these are MANDATORY during summer months!
      08-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCZ4 View Post
Anyone think there is a point for a roadster to have this? The sun bakes the cars interior in Southern California though.
Helps just as much on roadsters as it does on Coupes!

Tinted windows and a window shade while parking goes a long way. Most heat that gets in the roadster (or any car for that matter) comes in from the windows. It also helps to leave windows cracked if you dont have a sunscreen, in order to give the hot air a place to escape instead of just building up inside the car. Makes a bigger difference on hardtops but still helps on roadsters.
      08-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

I have the stock one. My roadster's parked in the sun all day every day.
Shade helps keep the sun off the leather. This one in particular gives a little shade to the A-pillar covers if you position it just right.