ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

has anyone tried these LED DRL lights? (facelift)

Hey Peeps,

has anyone tried the DDM Tuning LED DRL lights?

they're 191mm x 32mm, I think with a little bit of hacking it may fit inside the fog light enclosure for the facelift bumpers.

I'm sorry if someone has posted about this already, but I search and didn't find it.

I just don't want to make it look rice, but more OEM'ish. I'm honestly more interested in light output than anything else, but I also don't want to make it look like a 22 year old Puerto Rican in a '95 Honda Civic.

12-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
M-Power M3
Retrograde
Rep
Drives: Bagged Z4

If you're worried about light output LED's are the wrong direction. They appear bright but actual lumens on the road are minimal.

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
Hey Peeps,

has anyone tried the DDM Tuning LED DRL lights?

I just don't want to make it look rice, but more OEM'ish. I'm honestly more interested in light output than anything else, but I also don't want to make it look like a 22 year old Puerto Rican in a '95 Honda Civic.

Check this link It uses a OEM blank fog light covers which is cut for the led DRL light. Looks very OEM. Wish my M had this type of fog light. I would stick go with something like http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DAYTIM...s+daylight+drl. You get what you pay for. These light long strip instead in individual LEDs. Note: these are DRL and are meant for people to see you, not for you to use them to see at night.

If you want more light output on the road, DRL are not going to do the job. Though I don't have any experience with the DRL you listed, I seriously doubt they'll put much light out on the road, but will give you that rice look.

Last edited by pungo; 12-08-2013 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power M3 View Post
If you're worried about light output LED's are the wrong direction. They appear bright but actual lumens on the road are minimal.
There are LEDs that put out a ton of usable light on the road, check out some of the new high end cars and semi trucks using LEDs as the main beams. The ones the OP listed are going to be many steps down from stock as far as usable light on the road.

You're absolutely right, most LEDs appear bright, but the usable lumens are very low.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

rigid industries.....
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0