BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > M5 Classifieds > Members Classifieds

01-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Eisenmann Race 4x102mm exhaust (no mid pipe)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I had this installed on Jan 3/2014 and will be taking off at end of Jan 2014 and going back to stock. Thus, only 1 month of actual usage, thus it's considered to be in very good condition

Brand new shipped to Canada, the cost would be about $5,000 Cdn (duties, taxes, shipping, installed)

Reason for selling: IND shipped the wrong exhaust as I ordered 'Sport' but they shipped 'Race'.

It's simply way too loud for my taste & preference. But it may be perfect for someone else.

For anyone interested, I prefer to deal locally as I do not intend to ship it out at all.

The asking price is $3000 Cdn ... NOT US $ or obo.

Last edited by bobblehead; 03-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: sold and deal done locally
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I am also open to idea of straight trade/swap with anyone who has F10 M5 E-Sport exhaust, either 4x90 or 4x102. This proposal is preferred to be dealt with in my local area.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Was this system bought from an Eisenmann dealer? We don't sell eisenmann retail direct.
      01-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I am in Toronto. Bought thru local shop (Sports Car Boutique, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada) and I emailed the shop wanting the 'Sport' exhaust and the invoice billing shows the part # and it says 'Sport' on it. However, when you (IND) delivered/shipped the exhaust, it was 'Race'. My shop did not open the box to verify the corrected part that was ordered and assumed it was correct.

Long story short, installer cut off my stock exhaust and told me I am going to love this 'Race', I was stumped and the shop owner called you (IND) and see what had happened and the sales rep told him he assumed the order is for the 'Race' and that was why the 'Race' was shipped out. Shop owner told me it will cost him extra $ to have the wrong exhaust shipped back and I am standing at the shop where my stock exhaust had already been cut off. In my situation where I am at 'No-Man's land', I simply had to make a decision of either let the shop ship it back or have my stock exhaust re-attached (which the shop will have somehow find the exhaust sleeve clamp) on the same day. In the end, I decided I need my car and had to put on the 'Race'.

Nate,
Just PM replied back to Jesal@IND as well. You guys can call up Ilker Starck @ Sports Car Boutique to verify my encounter. 905-731-0700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Was this system bought from an Eisenmann dealer? We don't sell eisenmann retail direct.

Last edited by bobblehead; 01-11-2014 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #5
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I am in Toronto. Bought thru local shop (Sports Car Boutique, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada) and I emailed the shop wanting the 'Sport' exhaust and the invoice billing shows the part # and it says 'Sport' on it. However, when you (IND) delivered/shipped the exhaust, it was 'Race'. My shop did not open the box to verify the corrected part that was ordered and assumed it was correct.

Long story short, installer cut off my stock exhaust and told me I am going to love this 'Race', I was stumped and the shop owner called you (IND) and see what had happened and the sales rep told him he assumed the order is for the 'Race' and that was why the 'Race' was shipped out. Shop owner told me it will cost him extra $ to have the wrong exhaust shipped back and I am standing at the shop where my stock exhaust had already been cut off. In my situation where I am at 'No-Man's land', I simply had to make a decision of either let the shop ship it back or have my stock exhaust re-attached (which the shop will have somehow find the exhaust sleeve clamp) on the same day. In the end, I decided I need my car and had to put on the 'Race'.

Nate,
Just PM replied back to Jesal@IND as well. You guys can call up Ilker Starck @ Sports Car Boutique to verify my encounter. 905-731-0700.
This doesn't sound right at all and we have one of the best support teams around. If the wrong system was shipped we would have simply sent a return label and covered every cost. We will contact the dealer asap.
      01-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Thanks Nate for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
This doesn't sound right at all and we have one of the best support teams around. If the wrong system was shipped we would have simply sent a return label and covered every cost. We will contact the dealer asap.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

From your story you should be able to "exchange" your race for the sport you ordered at no cost to you. With no down time. Wait until sport arrives and then have shop switch them out. Then send back the race. Done and done!
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

In a perfect world, I like to see this happen. But once the exhaust is used (even for 1 hr time), it's considered to be 'worthless' from the retailer & distributor point of view. Why would they take a financial hit $ by taking back a used part ?

I do appreciate your thought & input.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
From your story you should be able to "exchange" your race for the sport you ordered at no cost to you. With no down time. Wait until sport arrives and then have shop switch them out. Then send back the race. Done and done!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

just updated with slightly lowered price. Still prefer for local Toronto area, Ontario, Canada pickup.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
just updated with slightly lowered price. Still prefer for local Toronto area, Ontario, Canada pickup.
The E-race rear section exhaust (both pieces) fit nicely inside a std FedEx golf club box making shipping very easy. Just an FYI.

GLWS
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hi,

I know. I figure I will give the local market a try first. Anyway, the E-Race is now off the car and if I have no luck in the next 6-9 months, then this will be included as freebie/throw in when I trade in my car later this year.

btw, IND stepped up to the plate and offered a goodwill gesture by suggesting a straight up exchange for the correct version (E-Sport) with no cost except I am to pay for both shipping to & from IND. I politely decline as I have simply lost interest in any mod on my car as the direct result of this experience.

Lastly, I noticed you have sold yours. Congrats.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
The E-race rear section exhaust (both pieces) fit nicely inside a std FedEx golf club box making shipping very easy. Just an FYI.

GLWS
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #12
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

Quote:
Hi,

I know. I figure I will give the local market a try first. Anyway, the E-Race is now off the car and if I have no luck in the next 6-9 months, then this will be included as freebie/throw in when I trade in my car later this year.

btw, IND stepped up to the plate and offered a goodwill gesture by suggesting a straight up exchange for the correct version (E-Sport) with no cost except I am to pay for both shipping to & from IND. I politely decline as I have simply lost interest in any mod on my car as the direct result of this experience.

Steve
PM sent, if your open to shipping it to Calgary I would be interested.
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
PM sent, if your open to shipping it to Calgary I would be interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
So you're going back to stock?

Quote:
Hi,

Steve
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yes. back to stock two weeks ago.

PM replied back to you. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
So you're going back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #16
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

any pictures of the exhaust? are these still for sale now?
does installation require cutting the oem pipes permanently?
for catback muffler only
      02-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #17
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

It's winter in Canada right now, they were dirty and I have not cleaned them ... that's why no pics.

I am still selling. Still trying to deal locally (at least for another 1-2 months more) but already got a few interested party in the US and elsewhere in Canada asking me if I am willing to ship. I will update my situation comes later in March, if I ever do change my mind in shipping internationally.

the pipe needs to be cut so the aftermarket muffler can be attached. Once it's on, it's just bolt on.

When I go back to stock muffler, simply remove the aftermarket one and reattach the stock muffler with a 80mm diameter sleeve clamp. They are about $80US a piece and you will need two (one on each side). No welding at all. Thus far, no issue after going back to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
any pictures of the exhaust? are these still for sale now?
does installation require cutting the oem pipes permanently?
for catback muffler only
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #18
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
It's winter in Canada right now, they were dirty and I have not cleaned them ... that's why no pics.

I am still selling. Still trying to deal locally (at least for another 1-2 months more) but already got a few interested party in the US and elsewhere in Canada asking me if I am willing to ship. I will update my situation comes later in March, if I ever do change my mind in shipping internationally.

the pipe needs to be cut so the aftermarket muffler can be attached. Once it's on, it's just bolt on.

When I go back to stock muffler, simply remove the aftermarket one and reattach the stock muffler with a 80mm diameter sleeve clamp. They are about $80US a piece and you will need two (one on each side). No welding at all. Thus far, no issue after going back to stock.
Thanks for the info buddy,
keep us updated.