BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Vandalized Trunk Roundel

Morning Chaps,
Got home from a work trip this week. Typically I back into parking spaces, so I usually see the front of my car before the rear. Went out with my girlfriend for an afternoon, decided to pull straight forward in my space next to my motorcycle. Looked out the window and noticed a shiny silver circle where my emblem normally is.

I knew something was wrong, girlfriend insisted we go down and see if it was just a weird glare. Nope, it appears someone first tried to pry my emblem off with a small flathead or something and couldn't get it off. Then looks like they just chipped away the entire emblem leaving small bits and pieces of painted areas.

I'm not exactly pissed, but more or less irritated that I feel I can't even park my car anywhere without someone tampering with it. I am young and providing completely for myself and girlfriend and don't want to put $40/$50 because of some degenerate.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
BlueforMonaco
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 128 msport

Not that bad, but my front bumper plug was stolen while briefly parked at a CVS in lowlife Dundalk, MD. I am always very cautious about were I park. Correct me if I'm wrong - Rural=stability, Urban=chaos.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Steve-0
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 dadmobile

That sucks man. I've had someone leave a dent in my door and not leave an apology letter (canadian version of vandalism) ;P
In all seriousness though, one of my buddies had a beauty old caddy that some punks scratched up real bad trying the same thing, he was pissed! What goes around comes around though..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
well that sucks. seems reasonably small though and i'm sure you'll get it sorted in no time!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

I've got it sorted, $40 and some change, will be here tomorrow. Not really worried about that part of it.

It's not so much that its a big deal, its just the principle behind it. I guess I don't understand the logic behind destroying something, rather than stealing it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Not that, but this.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed someone had punctured the rear taillight lens cover on my wife's new X1. It was a sharp hole made by a screw driver or some other sharp object.
Since it is a sealed unit, it cost approx. $450 + $100 labour to replace.
I guess keying the X1 would have been too much work.
      01-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
dm135is
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i 6MT M Sport Coupe

It's impossible to under-estimate lowlifes, so act accordingly.

Some years ago, someone stole my unsecured motorcycle helmet off my bike while I went into a store for five minutes. This was particularly heartless and remarkable because my license plate clearly indicated I was four states away from home (VA bike plate, in NJ). So yeah, someone else apparently needed that helmet more than me even though it probably didn't fit them, even though they probably didn't even ride a bike, and even though I clearly needed it to ride home four states away.

Like I said, it's impossible to under-estimate lowlifes, so expect the worst and act accordingly.
SOLD: 2013 135i Coupe, Le Mans Blue, M Sport, 6-Speed, Dinan Stage 2, Apex Aero-7 Wheels, Michelin PSS Tires, Clutch Delay Valve Delete, PickyEater Clutch Stop, Golf Tee Mod, R12R & R9T Racer & DR650 garage mates
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

I had it happen to a 97 Accord out in LA. Airport parking lot. Took the trunk lid Honda logo off lucky no damage but $20 to get a new one.

Apparently the Honda emblem was some gang thing. Dealers used to stock a lot of them.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

i got a letter on my Z once that read sorry bout the skratch on ur car man i aint got not mony but call me n make right for you. (or somehting very close to that) They did leave a non working nubmer tha tobviously was diconnected. I looked my car up and down and even got it detailed only to realize they much haev suckered me in the parking lot and was laughing their butts of from somewhere i couldnt see. not cool but i did laugh after i didnt find the first scratch on it. I might add i park my car so far out that it takes a shuttle bus to get to the store so this kind of suff doesnt happen.

I have also parked in the last row with no cars around me only to come out and see to jacked up Ford F350 parked on both sides of me. I mean really is that necessary?
      01-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #10
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

For me it was coming out to find the corral and pony missing on my '66 mustang. And yes, no matter how remotely I park, there's always another car next to me out there in the boonies when I return.
      01-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Yeah, it's crazy how idiotic people park in totally empty parking lots...a couple of days ago I run to Public grocery store at 5 minutes before closing, I park near the entrance...maybe 5 cars in the entire parking lot. I come out 10 minutes later and find this butthole parked cockeyed and so close I could bearly open my door. Had this been my M I would have been pissed, here i was only amused and shaking my head.....
Attached Images

01-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #12
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Yeah, it's crazy how idiotic people park in totally empty parking lots...a couple of days ago I run to Public grocery store at 5 minutes before closing, I park near the entrance...maybe 5 cars in the entire parking lot. I come out 10 minutes later and find this butthole parked cockeyed and so close I could bearly open my door. Had this been my M I would have been pissed, here i was only amused and shaking my head.....
That would drive me crazy regardless of the car. Can't stand people that park like that. Makes absolutely no sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #13
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
also drives me nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #14
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
I actually think the Wrangler guy was sending you a message.
      01-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I actually think the Wrangler guy was sending you a message.
: what do you mean?
      01-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Perhaps he doesn't think a crv is a proper SUV/jeep compared to his car? Or he just parked like an idiot, either way it's obnoxious.
      01-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #17
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
Quote:
Perhaps he doesn't think a crv is a proper SUV/jeep compared to his car? Or he just parked like an idiot, either way it's obnoxious.
Question is how did HE get out? This doesn't seem worth it to me. Any reasonable person would have realized they were too close when they tried to open their door...
Appreciate 0