BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

What the heck happened to this forum

Are the natives getting restless, Since I did the M3 experience at the Ring,
Last weekend I drove with a friend from BMW to southern Switzerland and back, We drove it hard and had a ball (even with Michelin Winter tires)

This is a Sports car, pure and simple, I have a 08 Vette and its what 4-500lbs lighter ? It is a Great Sports car as well

You guys are getting restless ! Even arguing about LSD and Porsches !

Which Mountains in Utah ? I have a house in Logan and in Hurricane,

I found that the M3 is industrial strength compared to 335 (I own a 335 vert)

I don't even see good trolling any more.

I have no doubts that the M3 will meet or exceed your requests, and it does
not feel heavy

But hey the price will continue to sneak up as one Euro costs nearly $1.50

Relax, quit arguing and drive what you have and smile
      11-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
DirtBag335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

I couldn't agree with you more.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Well, one reason for threads like the one you mentioned is that now there are no more news to talk about. It's just waiting, waiting, waiting... (in my case till April 08)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Waiting, waiting and waiting......until the North American Debut..........which gave us ............nothing.

We already know what the thing looks like.

What it costs and is like to experience in the flesh and drive, these are the things we need.

Then we can bitch about how long it takes to make one and send in on over!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
Well, one reason for threads like the one you mentioned is that now there are no more news to talk about. It's just waiting, waiting, waiting... (in my case till April 08)
Pretty much, until official pricing, there will be nothing to talk about.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.........

....and more waiting and waiting.....

....... is it April 08' yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Yup, once the price comes out we can all start b$tching again or maybe praising....
      11-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Good point. All this bitchin and for what?

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

No I still want trolling
arguing
WAR!

jk
+1

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
Are the natives getting restless, Since I did the M3 experience at the Ring,
Last weekend I drove with a friend from BMW to southern Switzerland and back, We drove it hard and had a ball (even with Michelin Winter tires)

This is a Sports car, pure and simple, I have a 08 Vette and its what 4-500lbs lighter ? It is a Great Sports car as well

You guys are getting restless ! Even arguing about LSD and Porsches !

Which Mountains in Utah ? I have a house in Logan and in Hurricane,

I found that the M3 is industrial strength compared to 335 (I own a 335 vert)

I don't even see good trolling any more.

I have no doubts that the M3 will meet or exceed your requests, and it does
not feel heavy

But hey the price will continue to sneak up as one Euro costs nearly $1.50

Thank god someone finally said it........:cla p:
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
Willgonnabaight
Rep
Drives: 1989 Toyota Camry

Quote:
I drive a 1989 Camry, no way you're gonna find me smiling in that thing unless I see some skater bite it on the sidewalk.

point taken though
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

I noticed no posts here from those

Automobile intellectuals who care about LSD, 0-60, and everyone else's opinion (magazines) of the M-3 they won't see until March/April 08. I even like the byo (Build your own) 335 fans who really think that the 335 will be a competitor to the M-3.

Thats what I tire of, maybe its seeing all this Armchair quarterbacking from those who wish and hope they can afford one.

I hope they can, I really respect the M-3 line and wish I never sold my
M-3 E-30 Evo, the most fun car I have had,

The camaraderie of message boards can be great an I hope that that develops here, My friend at BMW was laughing his Arse off.

For those who haven't owned one, buying a BMW 3 series and taking it to the track would be a start. a C-6, a 911 or an older M-3 are good choices

Hope this can be a community some day
      11-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
Automobile intellectuals who care about LSD, 0-60, and everyone else's opinion (magazines) of the M-3 they won't see until March/April 08. I even like the byo (Build your own) 335 fans who really think that the 335 will be a competitor to the M-3.

Thats what I tire of, maybe its seeing all this Armchair quarterbacking from those who wish and hope they can afford one.

I hope they can, I really respect the M-3 line and wish I never sold my
M-3 E-30 Evo, the most fun car I have had,

The camaraderie of message boards can be great an I hope that that develops here, My friend at BMW was laughing his Arse off.

For those who haven't owned one, buying a BMW 3 series and taking it to the track would be a start. a C-6, a 911 or an older M-3 are good choices

Hope this can be a community some day
I very much liked, agreed with and appreciated your original post. This one ... not so much...

I really believe there is some solid camaraderie here on this board and I know I am not alone in that opinion. I'm not sure you are a regular enough member here to appreciate this. Maybe you simply read more than you post? Remeber that camaraderie does not equate to strong concurrence on a majority of the issues! Debate and disagreement are a natural part of automotive message boards unless they are solely populated by a small group of fanatic fanboys. How much fun would that be?

Next perhaps I fit your definition of an "automobile intellectual". I personally have not driven the bloody car, yet I strongly believe many elements of the vehicle and comparisons to other vehicles can be discussed, debated and accurately speculated upon nonetheless. Does one tell a astrophysicist he can not study, debate and truly have a deep, almost intimate undestanding of a black hole simply because he has not visited one? We know you are very lucky to have driven the car, we (99.9% of US folks) have not, but you are off base in your view that the pure experiential part of driving is THE only factor in evaluating a car.

If "BWW" (whatever you meant by that) is having fun at our expense and laughing about THE BEST place on the internet to learn about and discuss the new M3 then that is truly sad. I am sure that is not the universal opinion of "BMW".
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #13
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

OK true confessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I very much liked, agreed with and appreciated your original post. This one ... not so much...

I really believe there is some solid camaraderie here on this board and I know I am not alone in that opinion. I'm not sure you are a regular enough member here to appreciate this. Maybe you simply read more than you post? Remeber that camaraderie does not equate to strong concurrence on a majority of the issues! Debate and disagreement are a natural part of automotive message boards unless they are solely populated by a small group of fanatic fanboys. How much fun would that be?

Next perhaps I fit your definition of an "automobile intellectual". I personally have not driven the bloody car, yet I strongly believe many elements of the vehicle and comparisons to other vehicles can be discussed, debated and accurately speculated upon nonetheless. Does one tell a astrophysicist he can not study, debate and truly have a deep, almost intimate undestanding of a black hole simply because he has not visited one? We know you are very lucky to have driven the car, we (99.9% of US folks) have not, but you are off base in your view that the pure experiential part of driving is THE only factor in evaluating a car.

If "BWW" (whatever you meant by that) is having fun at our expense and laughing about THE BEST place on the internet to learn about and discuss the new M3 then that is truly sad. I am sure that is not the universal opinion of "BMW".
I was truly being too harsh, the term you use "Fan Boys" are my biggest
Irritants, with no frame of reference,

I truly believe experience owning or driving performance cars consistently at their limits with instruction is a prerequisite to knowledgeable discussion.
Its like training in any field

So those who meet this criteria, and I have raised the ire of a couple I am sure please accept my apology.

go menesai (sp) in Japanese
      11-21-2007, 02:33 AM   #14
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
good point, my loyalties lie with the M, i will not turn to the darkside whatever that may be! Live it, love it, and drive it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #15
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Now where have I seen threads like these before?
Appreciate 0