BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
ThatGuyMikee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 e90 6spd

Adjustable sway end links? Anyone have them?

I was wondering if anyone had the adjustable sway bar end links? Any info on them? Are they worth getting? Im very low on my coilovers with the end link supplied with the kit which is nom adjustable

Just wanted some input

Some people buy cars to look at them and call them their babies, but not me. This car is my bitch and I bought it to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Superhiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Saphire Black M4

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'd be interested to hear people's experience with this as well. I see Turner Motorsports sells both shorter and adjustable sway bar endlinks and would like to see what sizes people have gone with for shorter endlinks or people's reviews of the adjustable variety.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Yes, I use adjustable sway bar end links. They are used to adjust the position/orientation of the end of sway bar so you get the full stiffness and range of motion of the bars without binding - basically they adjust the bars with changes in ride height so the bar remains in its stock orientation.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I'm using them with my RDSport bar. To my surprise they probably weren't necessary with my setup (using stock style springs with stock spring perch in stock location) because there was virtually zero preload with the stock links. I can slide them in and out of the mounting holes with the car on the ground with no resistance just like my adjustable ones. Nice to know M paid attention to details like that at the factory.

For anything that moves the perch/attachment on the damper you will need adjustment though.
      05-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #5
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

They come in various lengths so you should double check what you need. I had adjustable links for Stock sway bar with my AST's but they ended up being too long when I changed to a Dinan Front sway bar. I like Bimmer world's links, they seem more robust. Say that without bias, the whole ass end of my car is from TMS.
Appreciate 0